Thông tin chi tiết: HDD IBM 900GB SFF HS 10K rpm 6Gbps SAS 2.5-inch
|Hãng sản xuất||IBM / Lenovo|
|Model||HDD IBM 900GB SFF HS 10K rpm 6Gbps SAS 2.5-inch|
|Loại ổ cứng||HDD|
|Chuẩn giao tiếp||SAS 6Gbps|
|Tốc độ vòng quay||10.000rpm|
|Tương thích||System X X3250M4, X3500M4, X3650M4, X3550M4, X3650M5, X3550M5, X3500M5 ….|
Cần chú ý kiểm tra thông tin cụ thể tính tương thích của Server cụ thể theo link sau:
The IBM® SAS 2.5-inch Hybrid hard disk drives (HDDs) for IBM System x® provide cost-effective performance and density by combining a cache of NAND flash and conventional HDD media in a single industry-standard small form factor (SFF) drive. These hybrid drives accelerate HDD performance for small and medium business and distributed large enterprise application environments, enabling higher I/O performance for most frequently used data while leveraging the capacity and cost of spinning media for primary storage.
Figure 1 shows the IBM SAS 2.5-inch Hybrid HDD.
Figure 1. IBM SAS 2.5-inch Hybrid HDD
Did you know
While conventional hard disk drives can meet capacity requirements, HDD performance enhancements have remained relatively flat and confined to the rotational speed of the media. Hybrid HDDs offer accelerated performance by utilizing integrated NAND flash to cache data. The result is significantly improved performance over today’s conventional HDDs.
Rigorous testing of 2.5-inch Hybrid HDDs by IBM through the IBM ServerProven® program assures a high degree of confidence in storage subsystem compatibility and reliability. Providing additional peace of mind, these drives are covered under IBM warranty.
Part number information
Table 1 lists the information for ordering part numbers and feature codes for the IBM SAS Hybrid HDDs.
Table 1. Ordering part numbers and feature codes
|Description||Part number||Feature code|
|IBM 600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5” G2HS Hybrid||00AD102||A4G7|
|IBM 600GB 10K 6Gbps SAS 2.5” G2SS Hybrid||00AD107||A4G8|
The part numbers include the following items:
- One Hybrid HDD with a hot-swap or simple-swap drive tray
- Warranty Flyer
- Important Notices document
The IBM SAS 2.5-inch Hybrid HDDs have the following features:
- Industry standard 2.5-inch form factor supports 2.5-inch drive bays on selected System x, IBM iDataPlex®, IBM BladeCenter® and IBM Flex System™ servers.
- Combine a cache of NAND flash and conventional media to accelerate hard disk drive performance.
- Enable higher IO performance while leverage the capacity and cost of spinning media for primary storage.
- Bring transparent enhanced performance to data with high locality (hot data).
- Transparently cache data at I/O block level.
- Improve performance of server internal storage in lower cost configurations, without a need to utilize SSDs and storage tiering.
- Performance features:
- 128 MB DRAM data buffer
- 16 GB Hybrid read cache
- 8 MB Hybrid NVC-backed write cache
- Support up to 6 Gbps SAS interface speeds
- 128 queue depth
- Reliability features:
- ECC maximum burst correction length of 530 bits
- S.M.A.R.T. (self-monitoring, analysis, and reporting technology) support
- Drive Self Test (DST)
- Background Media Scan (BMS)
- Idle Read After Write (IRAW)
Hybrid HDDs integrate three media types: HDD, DRAM, and NAND. HDD memory is used as a primary data storage for all data. DRAM memory is used for buffering all reads and caching all writes. NAND memory is divided into two parts: eMLC flash memory is used as a read cache for frequently used data; and SLC flash memory is used as a non-volatile storage for write cache in DRAM in case of a power failure